The Most Beautiful Village in Israel, Located in The Center.

The Most Beautiful Village in Israel, Located in The Center. Right Next to Israel International Airport.

Bnei Atarot is located on the site of the Templer colony of Wilhelma, established in 1902, and named in honour of Wilhelm II. During World War II the German settlers in Mandate Palestine were arrested as enemy nationals and deported by the British.

Bnei Atarot
Bnei Atarot

After the war ended, a new settlement was established by former residents of the abandoned moshav of Atarot, which had been destroyed by the Arab Legion, from which it took its name, as well as others from Nehalim in the Upper Galilee and Be’erot Yitzhak in the Negev. It remained a farming community and most of the original houses were preserved. The community is centered along the main road. The proximity of Tel Aviv metropolitan area has led to suburbanization and rural character of the village gradually decreased. In the late 1990s a new residential neighborhood was built on the northeastern edge of the moshav, consisting of private homes.